Surgical Technique E-IFU
Proximal chevron osteotomy with angle-stable screws
The MetaFix™ BLP fixed-angle plate expands the existing MetaFix™ osteosynthesis system to include an anatomically shaped plate developed especially for fixation of the proximal chevron osteotomy in Hallux valgus corrections.
- Side-specific, three sizes each: 33 mm, 35 mm & 37 mm
- Plates and screws made of titanium alloy (TiAl6V4 ELI)
- To be used with MetaFix™ LS screws, 3.0 and 3.5 mm diameters
- Two K-wire holes allow temporary fixation of the plate to the bone
- For minor and severe misalignments
- Plate shape designed to fit anatomy of first metatarsal bone
- Reduced post-operative oedema
- Early functional therapy improves ROM
- Immediate weight-bearing possible (only upon consultation with doctor)
- Stabilisation and fixation of deformities, arthrodeses, fractures, or reconstructive or revision procedures in the foot area.