Video Surgical Technique E-IFU
Hip stem based on design principles by Prof. Dr. K. Zweymüller
The Z-StemTM prosthesis stem is a cementless hip endoprosthesis. The design of this cementless stem is based on the principles of biological cortical anchorage, as described by Prof. Dr. K. Zweymüller. This stem design has been in successful clinical use for more than 30 years.
- Cementless anchoring
- Cone 12/14
- Sizes: 14 sizes
- Standard and Lateral, CCD angle: 123° and 131°
- TiAl6V4 ELI alloy with EPICAL™ surface (calcium titanate CaTiO3)
- Exceptional rotational stability thanks to rectangular cross-section and proximal-lateral trochanter wings
- Rough surface allows excellent integration of the stem into bone structure.
- Promotes osseointegration thanks to osseopromotive EPICAL™ surface transformation
- Advanced wear of the hip joint due to degenerative, post-traumatic or rheumatic diseases, including advanced avascular necrosis of the femoral head, which cannot be treated using conservative or joint-preserving surgical procedures
- Revisions of previous surgeries (rejection of total hip endoprosthesis, hemiarthroplasty or osteosynthetic treatment of a fracture near the femoral head and osteotomies near the hip joint)
- Hemiarthroplasty with unpromising femoral neck fractures to be treated by osteosynthesis